Hearing Loss – How Do We Hear?
An Explanation of Hearing
What many people do not realize is that hearing well is a combination of not just hearing sounds, but also processing what you hear. Hearing aids will help with amplification of sound, if that is all you require. Hearing tests are helpful in determining just what you need to hear better, and we can assist you with this determination.
About Hearing Loss
Do you think you might have hearing loss? Here are a few clues to look for:
- Does it seem like everyone is mumbling or not speaking clearly?
- Am I always having to ask others to repeat themselves?
- Am I told that I play my music or television too loud?
- Is it especially difficult to hear when in noisy spaces like restaurants?
- Has a trusted loved one or friend mentioned I might be losing my hearing?
Did you answer YES to at least one of these questions? Do not feel alone! More than 36 million Americans experience hearing loss and for most of us, it is a natural occurrence as we age. The good news is, we can help!
Palm Coast Hearing Center
160 Cypress Point Parkway, Suite A108
Palm Coast, FL 32164
Dr. Indira Alvarez, Au.D., F-AAA
Heather Curry, H.A.S.
(386) 283-4932[email protected]
Mon-Fri 9:00-12:00, 1:00-4:00